Happy New Year everybody!
I hope 2011 brings you all you hope for in writing and personal goals.
See you next year!
"...Pratt began publishing with Smashwords in early 2009. His first quarterly royalty payment was $7.82. While most authors would find that number discouraging, Pratt was encouraged. It was a start.Here's a link to the full article on Teleread if you're interested: Smashwords Author Brian S. Pratt to Earn over $100,000 in 2011
In the quarters since, Pratt’s earnings have grown, and in recent quarters he’s become a veritable breakout success. Last quarter, he earned over $18,000 from sales across the Smashwords retail distribution network. This quarter, with three weeks to go, he’s on track to break $25,000. He’s on track to earn over $100,000 in 2011 at Smashwords, and up to $200,000 total when he includes his projected Amazon sales."
A trip to the Writer’s Digest Conference in New York City, $500 cash, publication in Writer’s Digest, and a copy of the 2011 Poet’s Market. Enter the only Writer’s Digest competition exclusively for poets. Whatever your style—rhyming, free verse, haiku or something else—as long as your poems are 32 lines or fewer, we want them all!
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 15, 2010For more information, or to enter the contest, go to: WritersDigest.com/poetryawards
|This is Felix, a common contributor to my work . He's |
been known to add his own lines by walking over the keyboard.
|Yes, that's me sitting with my laptop during a lunch |
break cranking out as many words as I can in an hour.
Luckily this spot gives me a great view of the park and
lot's of inspiration.
|Camping and writing - a great combination! |
Every year I go on a family camping trip and one of my
favorite places to write is by the crackling fire.
|Starbucks is another one of my favorite spots. |
This is me working on revisions, and a Chai Tea Latte.
1. Only one guess per person. But, I will allow guesses by friends for you as long as they comment on the blog under their name. If they become a winner, they can let me know where the book can be sent (directly to you if needed). So if friends post answers for you it makes your chances at winning unlimited!
2. Answers can be submitted by commenting on this blog
3. If no one guesses the correct answer, then the names of everyone who places a guess will be gathered and a winner will be drawn randomly from amongst them.
4. Answers will be accepted until someone guesses the correct answer or October 31st at midnight (whichever comes first).
1. It's a children's book
2. It's not a title that has been previously mentioned on this blog before.Good luck!